Many websites offer the facility of mock portfolio and analysis. There is little to choose between them. But from experience, I can say that the MoneyBhai mock trading facility offered by moneycontrol is perhaps the best, because it
- replicates market conditions to the extent possible
- Gives you an initial fixed amount
- Imposes brokerage costs etc and order limits
- Infuses that competitive edge due to leader scoreboard, daily portfolio updation etc. That helps give that excitement to all concerned.
- Has quite decent analytics, to permit dissecting that mock portfolio.
Lest anyone mistake this post as a plug for moneybhai, let me clarify that I have no monetary or other interest in that website. The only reason for this post is that if it saves even one reader the experience of suffering harrowing losses in the virtual world, I would consider it a job well done.